Frankincense has been one of the world's most treasured commodities since the beginning of written history.
Frankincense (Boswellia Sacra) from Oman has a sweet, warm, balsamic aroma that is stimulating and elevating to the mind. Useful for visualizing, improving one's spiritual connection, and centering, it has comforting properties that help focus the mind and overcome stress and despair. Frankincense essential oil has a unique property in that it contains monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes.
The monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes are the most valuable elements of frankincense oil. According to the book Reference Guide for Essential Oils by Connie and Alan Higley, monoterpenes help prevent and discharge toxins from your liver and kidneys, and have antiseptic, antibacterial, stimulating, analgesic (weak), and expectorant properties. Meanwhile, sesquiterpenes can go beyond the blood-brain barrier and simulate the limbic system of your brain, as well as your hypothalamus, and pineal and pituitary glands and also boost leukocytes activity which helps in defense of the body against infections.
Benefits of Frankincense Oil
The health benefits of frankincense oil are mostly attributed to its anti-inflammatory, astringent, antiseptic, disinfectant, digestive, diuretic, and expectorant properties. It also has cicatrisant, carminative, cytophylactic, emenagogue, uterine, and vulnerary effects.
Frankincense oil is considered a tonic, as it benefits all the systems operating in the body, including the digestive, respiratory, nervous, and excretory systems. It also aids the absorption of nutrients and strengthens your immune system. Frankincense oil has been found useful for certain health conditions, such as:
- Arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) – Research by Cardiff University scientists found that frankincense can inhibit the production of key inflammatory molecules, helping prevent the breakdown of the cartilage tissue that causes these conditions.
In addition, Indian frankincense or boswellin, also a member of the Boswellia genus, has been found to significantly reduce inflammation in animal studies. It is actually one of my personal favorites, as I have seen it work well as a natural painkiller for many of my former rheumatoid arthritis(RA) patients.
- Colds and respiratory disorders – Frankincense oil can break up phlegm deposits in your respiratory tract and lungs, and can relieve bronchitis-related congestion.
- Oral health problems – The antiseptic qualities of this oil can help prevent bad breath, cavities, toothaches, mouth sores, and other infections.
- Digestive disorders – Frankincense oil speeds up the secretion of gastric juices, bile, and acids, and stimulates peristaltic motion to allow food to move properly through your intestines.
- Uterine health – Frankincense oil regulates estrogen production in women and reduces the risk of post-menopause tumor or cyst formation in the uterus (uterine cancer). It also regulates the menstrual cycle of premenopausal women.
Valued for thousands of years for its aromatic and medicinal uses, Frankincense is one of nature's most cherished gifts!
For more infomation visit http://articles.mercola.com/herbal-oils/frankincense-oil.aspx
<iframe src='http://media.mercola.com/assets/html/mercola/citation.htm' scrolling='no' noresize='noresize' frameborder='0' allowTransparency='true' width='570' height='185'></iframe>
Not only do I love the smell of this product, it sure makes me feel more balanced, and takes the "edge" off if I'm feeling stressed. I also put it on my 14 yr old son if he's acting edgy. Great product, I use it faithfully 2-3 times a day, and this one bottle has lasted my family already 3 months w/ still a little left. I know there are numerous benefits to the Sacra Frankincense, and this is a quality product.